Insurance providers like CBD and ADIB among many others have plenty of different insurance policies for you to choose from. These particularly come in five different categories:
- A comprehensive or basic insurance policy covers damages to your car. This is typically offered at a value that is about 3 to 5 percent of the value of your car. This particularly covers damage caused by the driver or by a third party involved in a wreck.
- A comprehensive policy with options includes choices like a car hire service if your regular car is not working, free repairs from a dealer and insurance in other GCC countries. This can cost up to 10 percent of the value of the car.
- A premium level option for comprehensive insurance may be offered for an added 2 percent of the car’s value. The rules for using this option will vary by each provider.
- A third party policy will cover damages that may occur with regards to an outside party. That outside party must be insured for a claim to be made against them.
- Third party fire and theft insurance is the legal minimum coverage option. When this is used, the insurance provider of a person that causes the accident will be required to pay for the damages associated with the vehicle. The insurance policy ensures that the payments are to be taken care of properly. A third party coverage will not cover damages to the car caused by the driver.
Car insurance can be useful when used properly. There are many advantages that come with having a good policy:
- An agency will provide you with agency repairs for up to five years after you register for a policy.
- Doorstep delivery is offered in that your policy will be delivered to your door. You will not have to go to a bank to get the policy.
- You can get your car registered for free while taking care of the overall process.
- Roadside assistance is available in the event that your vehicle breaks down or you are in an emergency for any particular reason.
- Car cash benefits may be available in your policy.
- The cover totals on your policy may be high. You can get coverage of up to AED 5 million depending on your policy.
- Off-road coverage is available to cover anything that happens to your vehicle as a result of going off a road. This is ideal if you have a truck or other vehicle that is designed with off-road usage in mind.
- Personal coverage allows you to get up to AED 5,000 in coverage on possible damages to your car.
- You can use a free pick up and drop off service at an airport with your policy.
- Emergency medical expenses claims of up to AED 3,500 can be covered. This is important for cases where someone may be injured in a wreck.
- A natural calamity cover can be added to cover the damages associated with natural disasters.
- You may be given a grace period of about one month to allow you to have time to renew your policy as required.
The value of your car insurance policy will vary based on many factors. These include:
- Your age; older drivers typically do not pay as much
- Your experience; people who have been driving for a while will not be at much of a risk and therefore will pay less
- The type of car you have; this is especially based on how popular it is among thieves
- Your car’s age
- The overall value of the car; more expensive cars cost more to insure
- The amount of time you have spent driving under a policy without making a claim
- Any covers that you hold; a policy with more covers on it will cost more to use
A good part about car insurance in UAE is that it is rather easy for you to take care of any claims you might have. You can use the following steps to take care of a claim that you may hold:
- Get in touch with your insurance provider as soon as possible after the wreck.
- Provide all the information you have on your policy, information on others involved in the wreck and identifying details on the cars involved. This is to make the claims process easier to handle.
- A copy of complaint should be gathered from a police station. This may be required depending on your insurance provider.
- Your insurer will then review your case and possible review injury and damage claims.
- The case will then be resolved based on the results that are found and your particular coverage.
You can always choose to order your car insurance policy online. This option will provide you with a great experience as you will get a car insurance policy without needing to visit an office. You can take care of the forms needed online. It is also easy to renew your policy online as needed.
There are a few additional things to consider when finding a proper insurance policy:
- You must be at least 25 years of age and younger than 65 to get insurance.
- You should have a driver’s license in UAE for at least a year before getting a policy. This requirement goes up to two years for expats.
- Your vehicle should be registered under your name.
- Vehicles that are used for racing events or other competitions may not be covered. This is regardless of whether off-road coverage is included or not.
- While you can sell your car while your policy is intact, that policy cannot be transferred to the new owner.
- Your insurance policy will typically be valid for a full year with one month used as a grace period.
There is a potential for your insurance claim to be rejected. It may be rejected for these reasons:
- Claims are often rejected when you are doing something illegal like not having a valid license or being under the influence of particular substances during the accident.
- Your claim may also be refused if you were using your vehicle for purposes outside its normal use. This includes cases where you loaded up your car with more cargo than what it can handle.
- Intentional accidents are not covered.
- Claims for accidents from three years or more ago are not covered either.
- Any falsehoods in your insurance contract can cause your claim to be rejected.
There are plenty of good insurance providers in USA. These include the following names:
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank offers low rates at 2.35% onward. Agency repairs are offered for five years after the registration date. Third party coverage of up to AED 5 million is also included. Airport pickup service and a personal cover of up to AED 5,000 are also included.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank has a policy based on Islamic law with a Takaful contribution. It offers a personal accident cover of as much as AED 150,000 for each person. Fire coverage is also included in this policy.
- Commercial Bank International has insurance at 2.5% onward and has an accident benefit for all people in the vehicle. An auto gap feature is also used for coverage in the first six months.
- The Commercial Bank of Dubai has a natural calamity cover, up to AED 2.5 million in third party damage coverage and a personal effects cover of up to AED 1,000.
- Dubai Islamic Bank has a Takaful policy under Islamic law that covers up to AED 3.5 million in damages. It also has regular recover services and up to three years of agency repairs.
You must be careful when determining which policy is right for your needs. There are several tips that may be used when looking to find a policy that is right:
- Take a look at your individual needs to see what works for your insurance demands.
- Compare options to see what policies are available for your vehicle and to see if you can possibly save money in the process.
- Consider the total coverage that you would get out of a particular plan to see if it will work for your requirements.