AMEX The American Express® Platinum Credit Card
Last Updated on 16 July 2020
Credit Bureau Consent, Welcome Offer & General Terms & Conditions
I hereby acknowledge and agree to allow Citibank to share my details with any UAE credit bureau and make enquiries about me with any UAE credit bureau at its sole and absolute discretion. I agree to the Terms and Conditions listed below. Citibank Terms and Conditions apply, are subject to change without prior notice and are available upon request. For the current Terms and Conditions, please visit our website www.citibank.ae. All offers are made available on a best-effort basis and at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A. Citibank, N.A. makes no warranties and assumes no liability or responsibility with respect to the products and services provided by partners/other entities. By inquiring about our services, offers or products, you will be authorizing our representatives to approach you on your contact details including your telephone/mobile number for any product or service offered by Citibank. The applicant agrees to be bound by Citibank’s General Terms and Conditions available on the website www.citibank.ae. The applicant hereby represents and warrants that the information provided herein is true, accurate, and complete and that he/she agrees to remain responsible for and to indemnify Citibank, N.A. from and against any losses, claims and/or liabilities incurred by Citibank NA as a result of having relied on such information. Citibank, N.A. is not required to verify the information provided by the applicant and neither is the bank obliged to provide the applicant with any loans or credit facilities based on the provided information. The products and services mentioned on this website are not offered to individuals resident in the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, Guernsey, Jersey, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, The Isle of Man or the UK. This page is not, and should not be construed as, an offer, invitation or solicitation to buy or sell any of the products and services mentioned herein to such individuals.
The American Express® Platinum Credit Card
- Get various rewards on travel, dining and premium shopping.
- You need to pay in full installments.
- Get complimentary pass membership, which enables a basic card holder or a guest to access over 700 airports' complimentary lounges in over 100 countries.
- Complimentary travel accident insurance and inconvenience cover when you book your airline tickets with this card.
- You should be of 21 years and above to avail this card.
- Worldwide customer care and emergency card replacement insurance.
- The membership reward points of this card never expire.
- The Forex rate on this card is 2.8%
- There is an annual interest rate of 39%
- You should have an annual income of AED 2,55,000 and AED 2,75,000 for self employed.
- There is no annual fee, when you spend on this card.
- Discounts on dining, health, leisure and shopping.
- Access to 700 airport lounges across the globe with priority passes.
- Comprehensive travel insurances and emergency assistance through global assist.
- An exclusive 10% off airfares from select British Airways flights from middle east.
- You can get online and SMS alerts.
- You can also ask for a supplementary card if required.
- Complimentary enrollment into membership rewards program, with 2 points earned for every AED 4 spend.
Frequently Asked Questions
⭐ Can I transfer my reward points to any of the supplementary cards owned by my family?
A. Supplementary Cardmembers cannot redeem Points accumulated in the Programme Account.
⭐ How do I keep a track of my points?
A. The Membership Rewards Points status is available on your Monthly Card Statement displaying the number of Points you have accumulated as well as the Points you have redeemed or alternatively you can log on to Amex Rewards to access your account and keep track of your Points.
⭐ Can I switch between the Frequent Traveller Option and the Non Frequent Traveller Option?
A. The Membership Rewards Programme allows you to switch your enrollment from the Non Frequent Traveller Option to the Frequent Traveller Option, or vice versa. Please call our 24x7 Membership Services Helpline for assistance.
⭐ Can I transfer Points into someone else's airline Partner or Frequent Guest Account?
A. The Membership Rewards Programme allows you to transfer Points only to your own account with a participating Frequent Flyer Programme.
⭐ Can I link other Cards to help me accumulate more Rewards Points?
A. If you hold other American Express Cards that are eligible to earn Membership Rewards Points, these can be linked into one Membership Rewards Account. You also earn Rewards Points on all Supplementary Cards attached to your Card Account.
Get in touch with AMEX Customer Care
Ask questions and share your comments
We encourage our users to have discussion on questions they might have on financial products and help other users by sharing their insights. Kindly help us in making this site useful. We don't encourage any spam posts here. This is a public forum, so we request you to be safe by not disclosing personal information such as bank account or phone numbers etc. Please follow our posting guidelines.The comments will be reviewed and answered by MyMoneySouq.