As the name suggests, a Salary Account is an account to which you can get your salary transfer. Every employee of a company gets a salary account to get their salary credited. Individuals can also apply for a salary account and get their salary credited.
A salary transfer account is similar to a savings account, which is converted into a savings account if there is no activity on the account.
The salary account opening is a simple process. Any salaried employee in the UAE can apply for a salary account in UAE with the right set of documents and meet the eligibility criteria of the respective bank.
Some of the best banks for salary account in UAE are,
|Salary Account||Minimum Salary Required|
|Mashreq Happiness Account||AED 10,000 |
|ADIB Current Account||AED 3000|
|RAKBank RAKmore Salary Transfer Account||AED 5000|
|ADCB Current Account ||AED 5000|
|Standard Chartered Salary Account ||AED 3000|
|Emirates NBD Current Account||AED 3000|
|ADIB Ghina Salary Account||AED 8000|
|Emirates Islamic Current Account ||AED 5000|
Mashreq Happiness Account
- Upto AED 2000 is provided as a joining bonus
- Free unlimited international online transfers
- 5 Salaam points (worth AED 25) per transaction made monthly
- 30% OFF on dining at 2000+ selected restaurants
- A minimum salary of AED 10,000 is needed
- Free Debit Card and Cheque book is provided
ADIB Current Account
- Can take part in ADIB salary bonus lucky draw and win up to 1-2 months' salary capped AED 600,000
- This is a Sharia Compliant account
- Free Teller transactions
- Provides instant overdraft (Minimum salary of AED 8000 is required)
- A minimum salary of AED 3000 is needed to open the account
RAKBank RAKmore Salary Transfer Account
- Free chequebook is provided monthly
- Free Credit Card is provided (depends on eligibility)
- Free domestic remittances
- Up to 3 Free cash withdrawals per month at Non-Rak Bank ATMs
- Minimum salary of AED 5000 is required
ADCB Salary Account
- Can earn ADCB Touchpoints on maintaining a minimum average balance of AED 10,000 in the account
- Free Chequebook is provided
- A minimum salary of AED 5000 is required for ADCB Salary Account
Standard Chartered Salary Account
- Free International Debit Card and Cheque Book
- Minimum salary transfer required is AED 3000
- No minimum balance requirement for salary above AED 5000
Emirates NBD Salary Account
- Can open Emirates NBD Salary Account in international currency
- Can make international and domestic transfer funds instantly and free
- A minimum balance of AED 3000 is required
ADIB Ghina Salary Account
- Can earn monthly profits
- Free Debit card and cheque book is provided
- Can get access to Ghina monthly draw (An average monthly balance of AED 20,000 should be maintained)
- A minimum salary of AED 8000 is needed
Emirates Islamic Current Account
- Earn earn a one-time welcome bonus of up to AED 1300
- Can win monthly prices of AED 1 million or Tesla on Kunooz Savings Account
- No minimum balance fees are levied if the salary is transferred
- Free debit card
- Minimum salary of AED 5000 is required
The minimum salary required to open a Salary account in UAE is AED 3000 - AED 10,000. This depends upon the bank and it can be more than the stated range as well.
The basic eligibility criteria of a regular Salary Account in UAE is,
- Both UAE Nationals and Expats are eligible
- The account applicant must be a salaried employee
- Salary transfer to the account is required
The basic documents required for a Salary Account in UAE are,
- Emirates ID
- Residence Visa for expats
- Salary proofs - Salary Transfer Letter/ Salary Certificate/ Pay Slips
Some of the key features of a Salary Transfer Account in UAE are,
Zero Balance Account - At some banks, there is NO minimum balance requirement in a salary account in UAE
Cheque book - A salary account holder can get a cheque book which is provided for free at most of the banks in UAE
Debit Card - A salary account holder os provided a free debit card
Remittances - The salary account holder can avail both international and domestic remittance facilities from the account. Some of the banks offer free remittances as well.
Cash Withdrawal - Account holders can withdraw cash from the salary account
Mobile Banking - Most of the banks provide mobile banking facilities to carry out transactions, check balance, check and download e-statements of the salary account and much more.
Account Statements - Can get monthly account statements by visiting the bank or get E-statements for free through online banking or mobile banking.
⭐ Can we withdraw cash from the Salary account?
A. Yes. You can withdraw cash from the salary account.
⭐ Can we avail online banking facility on opening the salary account?
A. Yes. Most of the banks provide online banking facilities on the salary account.
⭐ Can we get a loan using the salary account?
A. If you are eligible for the loan at the same bank where your salary is being transferred, you can get a loan.
⭐ Is there any fall below fee charged on the account?
A. If there is a minimum balance requirement in the account then there would be a fall below fee charged.
⭐ Are joint applicants eligible for a salary account?
A. Yes. Some of the banks allow joint applicants while opening a salary account.
⭐ Can we pay bills through the salary account?
A. Yes. You can use your Salary accounts and pay bills.
⭐ What is the minimum balance required to maintain in Emirates NBD Salary Account?
A. The minimum balance requirement on the Emirates NBD Salary account depends upon the account variant. There is a zero balance account as well.
⭐ Are expats eligible for ADCB Salary Account?
A. Yes. Expats are eligible to open ADCB Salary account.
⭐ What is the minimum salary required for ADCB Salary Account?
A. The minimum salary required for ADCB salary account is AED 5000.
⭐ Is RAK bank Salary Account a savings account?
A. No. It is a current account with no minimum balance requirement.
⭐ What are the ADIB Salary Account opening requirements?
A. ADIB Salary account requirements: The applicant must have a minimum salary of AED 3000 with documents like Passport, Emirates ID, Salary Certificate and UAE resident visa.
⭐ Is there any particular Salary Certificate format to submit for the salary account in UAE?
A. Salary Certificate format varies with the bank you apply for a salary account at.
⭐ What is the minimum balance required to be maintained in Emirates NBD salary account?
A. AED 3000 is the minimum balance required to be maintained in Emirates NBD salary account.
⭐ When do we earn touchpoints on ADCB Salary Account?
A. On maintaining a minimum average balance of AED 10,000 ADCB touchpoints can be earned.