In today’s life pet animals have become a part of the family. Among all the pet animals, dogs are man’s best friend. Dogs are the friends of your family. It is important to protect your family members and it is equally important to protect your Dogs.
If you are a pet owner then you should have realized that Pet Insurance is not widely available. Among the different insurance providers the best insurance companies offer a range of choice for pet insurance plans. There are a range of leading Pet Insurance companies in the UAE like Fidelity united and Tokio Marine which offer pet insurance in Dubai & UAE.
Pet Insurance in the UAE covers the 2 most popular pets and these are cats and Dogs. The insurance provides the owner peace of mind which will cover the common concerns for pet owners. The medical expenses, and emergency situations cover, physical injuries which will harm the pets. The Insurance policy will include the following coverage.
- Insurance coverage for Cats & Dogs
- Covers Veterinary bills which are available up to AED 30,000
- Includes Third Party Liability
- Advertisement expenses and Rewards for Lost/Stolen pet animals
- Covers Complementary Therapy
Insurance companies will help the policyholders with Pet Insurance requirements and based on this the insurance companies have established a long-term relationship. Big insurance companies like Tokio Marine and Fidelity United have a range of great partnerships. They secure high deals, offer discounts and provide coverages which are best suited for all kinds of policyholders.
What does the coverage include?
The Coverage includes the products and insurers which is typically a pet insurance policy and this covers the following.
The cost of medical expenses is covered under the policy. The illness of the Pet will be treated by the veterinary doctors and the pet insurance policy will cover the expenses. The coverage includes medical treatment expenses, provides death benefits, Euthanasia costs, advertisement expenses or rewards expenses in the event of theft which will assist you in relocating the pet, and coverage under third party liability.
Injury Compensation or property damage coverage expenses by your pet to the third parties which is up to AED 100,000
This coverage includes preventive cards which are associated with vaccination and regular checkups. These are up to a certain limit and they vary as per the product selected.
What is not covered?
- If there are any pre-existing diseases or any ongoing treatment of the disease will not be covered irrespective of whether treatment is previously diagnosed or not. Some insurance companies provide the facility with this coverage.
- Any ailments which your pet animal is suffering from prior to taking the insurance will not be covered. Some insurance companies provide the facility with this coverage.
- Claims which are incurred during the waiting period are not covered. Generally, the waiting period is 30 days from the first month’s purchase.
- Routine check-ups are not covered.
- Medical or equipment like orthotics, cages, elizabeth collars and others are not covered.
- Medicines such as vitamin supplements, and food such as biscuits which are regular in nature are not covered.
- Claims which are submitted after the deadline period of time are not covered.
- Any amounts for death which are the result of breeding, pregnancy or death during birth are not covered.
- Pet animals that are over the age of 10 years or under the age of 8 weeks are not covered under the insurance.
- Pet animals should be microchipped and pets that are not microchipped are not covered under the insurance. The owner should ensure that the microchip is always on the pet.
Having insurance will always provide peace of mind. There will be a dedicated team that will assist in providing the claim settlement. A dedicated manager will offer assistance, reassurance and you can rely on the services. Combining comprehensive products and competitive pricing encourages you to buy the insurance.
About the author
Vinay Kumar Goguru is a finance professional with more than 8 years of diverse experience as a researcher, instructor and Industry work experience with both public and private entities. Prior to MyMoneySouq, he spent 6 years in Berkadia, It's a commercial mortgage banking company. He has a "Doctoral Degree in Commerce" and two master's degrees with a specialization in Finance, one as Master of Commerce and other as Master of Business Administration. He has written several articles on personal finance, published by different International journals. He loves traveling, reading and writing is his passion. He has a dream of writing a book on his favorite finance topics.