Not everyone violates the traffic regulations on purpose. The reason behind violating traffic rules can be anything but paying fine is unavoidable. Traffic fines in Abu Dhabi are very high. For a sigh of relief, motorists can get a discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
April, 2022 Update: Abu Dhabi motorists can get 25% off on clearing the fines within a year of committing the offence. And can get 35% off on traffic fines in Abu Dhabi on clearing the fines within 2 months of committing the offence.
Nov 2021 Update: Motorists who are fined wrongly in Abu Dhabi can appeal their fines by visiting the police station and object to the traffic fines in Abu Dhabi. The appeal period is offered only for a month. When a traffic fine is imposed, the motorists are notified through SMS or can check on Abu Dhabi Police app. If you notice any traffic fine in Abu Dhabi added to your record which you didn’t commit, you can object to it in a month. If there is no objection received from the drivers in one month, the drivers have to pay the entire fine amount as per the violation.
Discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines
Currently, the discounts available on Abu Dhabi Traffic Fines are, Motorists can get a 35% OFF on their traffic fines if the fine is paid within 60 days of the violation occurred.
If the fine is paid within 1 year of the violation occurred, then 25% discount can be availed that is till the end of 2020.
Along with this, motorists who have violated traffic rules before December 22, 2019, can get 50% OFF if the fine is paid within June 22, 2020.
Maybe interested: Credit Card offers in UAE
How to avail the discount?
There are some steps to be followed to get a discount
- Visit “Fines Department” in Abu Dhabi Police Headquarters
- Take documents like Emirates ID, driver’s license, car registration
- Get the printout provided by the respective executives
- A form will be provided requesting to transfer the violations to the traffic court
- The next day traffic authorities send a confirmation letter to motorists once the application is approved
- The applicant needs to visit the traffic court with the documents to avail the discount and clear the fine
How to make the payment?
There are many different channels for making traffic violations payments. They include the digital channels of Abu Dhabi Govt Tamm direct payment thru police customer service. Payment thru mobile apps and this is in cooperation with five banks these include the following.
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Mashreq Al Islami
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
To get this advantage the driver must have credit cards issued by these banks. The driver has to contact the bank within a period not exceeding 2 weeks from the date of booking to request traffic payments in installments.
Fines can be paid thru Abu Dhabi Police service centers & other digital channel services including online payment via smart phone or web portal. The fines installment payment facility can be availed until one year without charging any interest.
Abu Dhabi traffic fine inquiry online
Motorists can check Abu Dhabi police fine on visiting Abu Dhabi Traffic Fines Inquiry
Things to remember:
- Discounts are provided only on RTA traffic fines
- Any other charges like black points and license suspension are not dropped
- A person with 24 black points on the driver’s license will have the license suspended and cannot drive for a year
- On certain cases like driving under influence, life loss, etc., the traffic fine amount are decided by the court
- It is important to clear your traffic charges before leaving the country
- Motorists can pay traffic fines in installments
Disclaimer: The information provided by MyMoneySouq is for informative purposes only. MyMoneySouq strives to keep the facts and figures updated. However, it is recommended to visit the official website of AbuDhabi Police or RTA UAE for updated information.