Not everyone violates the traffic regulations on purpose. The reason behind violating traffic rules can be anything but paying fine is unavoidable. Traffic fines in Abu Dhabi are very high. For a sigh of relief, motorists can get a discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
Discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines
The discount provided on Abu Dhabi traffic fines is up to 100%. Each individual will get a different percent of discount. The discount provided varies from person to person which depends on the rule violated.
This discount is provided only in the Abu Dhabi region including Al Ain and Al Dhafra. Motorists who break the law within Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and Al Dabhra will be able to claim the discount on their fines. They should have valid documents to claim the discount.
Motorists can avail discount on their traffic fines only till December 30, 2018.
Apart from the discount, motorists can pay traffic fines in installments.
Maybe interested: Credit Card offers in UAE
How to avail the discount?
There are some steps to be followed to get a discount
- Visit “Fines Department” in Abu Dhabi Police Headquarters
- Take documents like Emirates ID, driver’s license, car registration
- Get the printout provided by the respective executives
- A form will be provided requesting to transfer the violations to the traffic court
- The next day traffic authorities send a confirmation letter to motorists once the application is approved
- The applicant needs to visit the traffic court with the documents to avail the discount and clear the fine
Abu Dhabi traffic fine inquiry online
Motorists can check Abu Dhabi police fine on visiting Abu Dhabi Traffic Fines Inquiry
Things to remember:
- Discounts are provided only on RTA traffic fines
- Any other charges like black points and license suspension are not dropped
- A person with 24 black points on the driver’s license will have the license suspended and cannot drive for a year
- On certain cases like driving under influence, life loss, etc., the traffic fine amount are decided by the court
- It is important to clear your traffic charges before leaving the country