The government of UAE usually offers a high range of discount on the traffic fines levied on their citizens. Drivers who are supposed to pay traffic fines for violating the rules can avail good discounts and clear the fines.
Dubai Traffic Fines Payment on 0% Installment Plan
Dubai Traffic Fines can be 0% Interest Easy Payment Plan. The 0% payment plan is available for 3 to 6 months using your credit cards. The banks that are providing 0% easy payment plan on their credit cards in UAE for Dubai Traffic Fine payments are,
- Emirates NBD
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Commercial International
- Commercial Bank of Dubai
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Finance House
The features of the 0% EPP credit cards for Dubai Traffic Fines Payment are,
- The total fine amount should not be less than AED 5000 for individuals
- For companies or institutions, the total fine amount should be at least AED 20,000
- Minimum 25% of the fine amount should be cleared
- Upto 24 months are provided for instalments
- AED 100 is charged for postponement of instalment for individuals
- AED 200 is charged for postponement of instalment for companies/institutions
- The first instalment can be paid after 30 days of the scheme start date
- The gap between each instalment should not be more than 3 months
- Can visit the Dubai Traffic Police Fines Installment Service page for more details and register for the instalment service.
Traffic Fine Discounts in other Emirates in the UAE
Ajman Traffic Fine Discount – November 2022 – January 2023:
Latest Update: 50% traffic fine discount announced in Ajman
This reduction in traffic fines is applicable on violations which are committed before 10th November 2022. The Ajman Police have announced 50% discount on fines and this is applicable from 21 November 2022 till 6th January 2023. This reduction is applicable to all kinds of traffic violations.
Past Update- November 2021 – January 2022:
UAE residents in Ajman can get 50% OFF on traffic fines as a part of UAE Golden Jubilee Celebrations. Traffic fines levied before 21 November 2021 in Ajman are eligible for a 50% discount. The fines are supposed to be paid by 14 January 2022. Click here for more details Ajman Traffic Fine Discounts.
Sharjah Traffic Fine Discount – November 2021 – December 2021:
UAE residents in Sharjah can get 50% OFF on traffic fines as a part of UAE Golden Jubilee Celebrations. Traffic fines levied before 21 November 2021 in Sharjah are eligible for a 50% discount. The fines are supposed to be paid by 31 December 2021. Click here for more details Sharjah Traffic Fine Discounts.
Umm Al Quwain Traffic Fine Discount: December 2022 – January 2023:
Latest Update: 50% traffic fine discount announced in Umm Al Quwain –This reduction in traffic fines is applicable on violations which are committed before 31st October 2022. UAE residents in Umm Al Quwain can get a 50% discount on fines and this is applicable from 1st December 2022 till 6th January 2023. This reduction is not applicable for serious traffic violations.
Fine Payment can be paid through the Ministry of Interior app or police website.
Past Update- December 2021 – January 2022: UAE residents in Umm Al Quwain can get 50% OFF on traffic fines as a part of UAE Golden Jubilee Celebrations. Traffic fines levied before 1st November 2021 in Umm Al Quwain are eligible for a 50% discount. The fines are supposed to be paid from 1st December 2021 to 6th January 2022. Click here for more details. Umm Al Quwain Traffic Fine Discounts.
Traffic Fines Discounts in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) – 2022 January
The police of Ras Al Khaimah also announced 50% OFF on traffic fine discounts as a part of UAE Silver Jubilee celebrations. This discount is limited till January 17, 2022.
Dubai traffic fines discount: May 2019 – February 2020
Motorists can get up to 100% discount on the fines. The discount provided varies with the driver’s profile and how well they are following the traffic rules for the next 12 months in Dubai. (Offer from 2019-2020)
- Following traffic rules for the next 12 months – 100% discount
- Following traffic rules for the next 9 months – 75% discount
- Following traffic rules for the next 6 months – 50% discount
- Following traffic rules for the next 3 months – 25% discount
The discount will be added while the motorist pays his traffic fines.
Note: The discount on traffic fines are applicable only if the rules are obeyed from May 2019 till February 2020. Contact Dubai traffic police or RTA for current traffic discounts.
How to avail the Dubai traffic fines discount?
Motorists can clear their Dubai traffic fines online or at the kiosks or by visiting the service centers.
- Motorists can visit RTA Portal
- Enter Plate Number or Licence Number or Fine Number or Traffic File Number
- You can search for the fines that you are supposed to pay
- If there are more than one, you can select the ones you like to clear first
- The discount amount will be added according to your profile
- Save the online receipt for reference
The same procedure can be followed if you are going to pay at the Kiosks. Motorists clearing the fines online or through kiosks can pay only using their credit cards.
How to make Dubai Fine Payment?
Dubai Fine Payment can be made in various ways like online payment, through mobile apps, by visiting police stations.
Steps to Dubai Fine Payment Online:
- Visit the Dubai Traffic Police website
- Go to “Traffic Payments” section
- Enter your Licence details
- Click “Search”
- Check and Select the fines you want to clear
- Make the payment
To be noted while availing discount on traffic fines in Dubai:
- This is applicable to fines levied for disobeying traffic rules
- Only Dubai registered vehicles are eligible for this discount
- Parking fines are not subjected to discount
- Drivers who resided outside UAE for 3 months after the traffic violation are not eligible
- Rental cars, public or private transport companies vehicles are not eligible for discount
These discounts on the Dubai traffic fines is to encourage them in being responsible while driving. This will make them drive safely to maintain a clean record and avoid traffic penalties as well.
Disclaimer: The information provided by MyMoneySouq is for informative purposes only. MyMoneySouq strives to keep the facts and figures updated. However, it is recommended to visit the official website of RTA UAE for updated information.