Due to the rapidly growing population and the increasing number of tourists in Dubai, it was important to have an advanced transportation infrastructure in the country. This was when the metro was started in Dubai. Dubai metro map majorly runs on two metro lines. Though it was made available to the public in the year 2009, the construction was started in 2006 itself. Dubai metro map is useful for knowing arrival and departure stations.
- The metro train is divided into different sections like first class, standard class, women and children section. And there are two metro lines that are red and green with respect to the location.
- Dubai Metro has free Wifi connectivity. Dubai metro stations provide a wide variety of facilities for the passengers in order to provide a luxurious transport.
- For the security of the people, they have emergency buttons. Dubai metro stations allow travelers to travel conveniently and securely.
- Travelers can get an amazing view of the Dubai city through vast window panels
There are two metro lines in Dubai:
Started on September 9, 2009, The Dubai metro red line has one main depot in Rashidiya and another in Jebel Ali free zone which is an auxiliary depot.
It covers Rashidiya (near Dubai International Airport) to UAE Exchange with 29 stations associated. The red line and the green line meet at the Union Station and Bur Juman station. Passengers can shift from red to green or the other way at these two stations.
The green line was started in the year September 11, 2011. It covers the farthest every nook and corner of old and new Dubai connecting most of the government buildings.The Green metro line is from Etisalat Metro Station (in Al Quasis) to Creek(Al Jaddaf) with 20 stations.
Passengers can easily commute through Dubai metro stations.
Dubai Metro Stations
- Presently there are Redline Dubai metro and Green line Dubai metro which is a 70 km track.
- There are 49 Dubai metro stations in total, where the red line and green line together constitute 47 stations and the other 2 stations are the shared stations between these lines.
- The average travel time between the red line and the green line is 90 seconds approximately.
|Line Name||Length of the Line in km(approx)||Underground Road length in km(approx)||Number of Elevated stations||Number of Underground stations||Time(approx) taken to travel on the line|
|Red Line||52.1||5||25||4||1 hour 12 min|
|Green Line||22.3||8||14||6||45 minutes|
Dubai Metro Map
Red Line Metro Stations:
|Serial number||Name of the station||Station Number||Location of the station||Zone Number||Near by|
|1||Rashidiya||11||Rashidiya||5||Near Dubai international airport, west of Mirdif|
|2||Emirates||12||Emirates HQ, Airport Road||5||Emirates Group HQ|
|3||Airport Terminal 3||13||Airport Terminal 3||5||Dubai International airport|
|4||Airport Terminal 1||14||Airport Terminal 1||5||Dubai International airport, Le Meridien Dubai|
|5||GGICO||15||Al Garhoud||5||Le Meridien Fairway, Jumeirah Creekside|
|6||Deira City Centre||16||Deira City Centre||5||City Centre Deira|
|7||Al Rigga||17||Al Rigga||5||Hamarain Centre|
|8||Union||18||Union Square||5||Al Ghurair Centre, Al Khaleej Palace, Radisson Blu|
|9||BurJuman||19||Khalid Bin Al Waleed||6||Bur Juman, BurJuman Arjaan by Rotana,Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai|
|11||Al Jafiliya||21||Al Jafiliya||6||Zabeel Park, Rove Trade Centre, Sheraton grand|
|12||World Trade Centre||22||World Trade Centre||6||Dubai world trade center, Fairmont Dubai,Crown Plaza|
|13||Emirates Towers||23||Emirates Towers||6||Emirates Towers Boulevard, Jumeirah Emirates Towers,Ritz-Carlton Dubai|
|14||Financial Centre||24||Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)||6||Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, Four points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road|
|15||Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall||25||Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall||6||Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall,Dubai Fountain,Dubai Opers , Dubai Aquarium & underwater zoo,Dubai Ice rink, City walk, Souk Al Bahar, Armani Hotel, Address Dubai Mall Hotel, Palace Downtown Dubai|
|16||Business Bay||26||Business Bay||6||JW Marriott Marquis, St Regis Dubai, Taj Dubai|
|17||Noor Bank||29||Al Quoz||6||Oasis Mall|
|18||FGB (formerly First Gulf Bank)||31||Burj Al Arab||6||Gold and Diamond Park|
|19||Mall of the Emirates||32||Mall of the Emirates||6||Mall Of the Emirates, Ski Dubai,Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates, Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates|
|20||Sharaf DG||33||Al Barsha||6||Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, Golden Tulip Al Barsha, Holiday Inn Dubai-Al Barsha|
|21||Dubai Internet City||343||Dubai Internet City/ Tecom ||6||Dusit D2 Kenz Hotel, Media Rotana|
|22||Nakheel||35||Emirates Hills Golf Club||6||Media One, Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City, Arjaan By Rotana Dubai Media city|
|23||Damac Properties||36||Dubai Marina ||6||Dubai Marina Mall, Dubai Marina Tram station, Grosvenor House, Address Dubai Marina|
|24||Jumeirah Lake Towers||37||Jumeirah Lake Towers||6||Dubai Marina Mall, The Walk, Jumeirah Lakes Towers Tram station, Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Address Dubai Marina, Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, InterContinental Dubai Marina|
|25||Nakheel Harbour and Towers||38||Jumeirah Islands||6||Jebel Ali area|
|26||Ibn Battuta||39||Ibn Battuta Mall||6||Ibn Battuta Mall, Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel|
|27||Energy||40||Dubal (Dubai Aluminium), Jebel Ali||6||Gurunanak darbar sikh Temple|
|28||Danube||41||Jebel Ali Industrial||6||Jebel Ali Industrial Area,JAFZA|
|29||Jebel Ali||42||Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)||6||Jebel Ali Area, JAFZA|
Green Line Metro Stations:
|Serial number||Name of the station||Station Number|
Location of the station
|1||Etisalat||11||Al Twar 3||5||Al Twar|
|2||Al Qusais||12||Al Qusais||5||Al Qusais|
|3||Dubai Airport Free Zone||13||Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ)||5||Al Qusais, Airport terminal 2|
|4||Al Nahda||14||Ministry of public health, Al Nahda||5||Al Bustan Center|
|6||Al Qiyadah||16||Al Qiyadah||5||Dubai Police HQ, Al Mulla Plaza|
|7||Abu Hail||17||Abu Hail||5||Hor Al Anz, Salahuddin Road|
|8||Abu Baker Al Siddique||18||Abu Baker Al Siddique||5||Hamarain centre, JW Marriott, Crown Plaza Deira|
|9||Salah Al-Din||19||Salah Al-Din||5||Al Ghurair Center, Reef Mall|
|10||Union||20||Union Square||5||Al Ghurair Center, Union Square bus station,Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel and Towers, Al Khaleej Palace Hotel|
|11||Baniyas Square||21||Baniyas Square||5||Naif Souk, Al Manal Center|
|12||Palm Deira||22||Palm Deira||5||Gold Souk, Hyatt Regency|
|13||Al Ras||23||Al Ras||5||Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House, Gold Souk, Spice Souk,|
|14||Al Ghubaiba||24||Al Ghubaiba||6||City Center Al Shindagha,Al Ghubaiba Bus Station|
|15||Al Fahidi||25||Al Fahidi||6||Dubai Museum, Al Ain Center, Al Khaleej center, Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, Arabian courtyard|
|16||BurJuman||26||Khalid Bin Waleed||6||BurJuman, BurJuman Arjaan by Rotana, Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai|
|17||Oud Metha||27||Oud Metha||6||Rashid Hospital|
|18||Dubai Healthcare City||28||Dubai Healthcare City||6||Wafi City, Wafi Mall, Khan Murjan, Creek Park, Dubai Dolphinarium,Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights, Raffles Dubai, Grand Hyatt Dubai|
|19||Al Jadaf||29||Jeddaf 1||6||Culture Village, Palazzo Versace Dubai|
|20||Creek||30||Dubai Creek (Jeddaf 2)||6||Mohammed bin Rashid Library, Al Jaddaf Marine Station|
Dubai Metro Fares
- Dubai metro fares are cheaper when compared to other metro fares across the world.
- Fines will be imposed if the passenger gets into the wrong class cabin.
- Contactless cards/tickets can be bought before starting the journey. They are available at the bus stations and metro stations. Authorized sales agents like Carrefour, spinneys also have tickets available with them.
Time-Table of Dubai Metro
Dubai metro runs every day. Here are the working timings of the Metro lines.
- The Red Line operates between 5 am to midnight from Saturday to Wednesday. On Thursday it operates from 5 am to 1 am and on Friday it operates from 10 am to 1 am.
- The Green line operates between 5:30 am to midnight from Saturday to Wednesday. On Thursday it operates from 5:30 am to 1 am and on Friday it operates from 10 am to 1 am.
Trains arrive frequently. At peak hours, they arrive for every 4 minutes and at off-peak hours they are for every 7 minutes. Journey along Red Line takes 1 hour and 8 minutes and that of the green line is less.
Dubai metro stations operate every day in order to be available for all the passengers in the Dubai city.
Parking at Dubai Metro
- Parking facility in Dubai metro stations is free for people who are using the metro.
- Metro drivers can leave their cars in these parking areas.
- Dubai metro station consists of 3 major parking areas with big parking spaces. One is the Etisalat station which comes under green line and has 2300 parking spaces, whereas from the red line there are two stations i.e. Rashidiya and Nakheel Harbour and Tower with 2700 and 3000 parking spaces respectively.
More things to know
Dubai Tram —Dubai metro is connected to Dubai tram system which is located at DAMAC Metro Station and Jumeirah Lakes Towers Metro Station. These metro stations are present on the red line.
Dubai Metro Airport Stop —Dubai metro stations ideally, has 2 stops which are commonly termed as terminal 1 and terminal 3. Both of them are situated on the red line at its eastern end