With a huge population of Indian expats in Dubai, the Dubai government has set a Consulate General of India(CGI) where Indian expats can renew their passports. With this Indian expats don’t have to leave the country to get their passport renewed. The validity of an ordinary Indian passport is 10 years.
The passport status has to be checked before the renewal of an Indian passport in dubai
- If the passport is about to expire that is if there is only one year left for the expiry of the passport, then an application can be submitted for the renewal of the passport.
- If the passport has already expired and it’s been more than 6 months, then a request letter has to be presented to the consulate with reasons for the delay in renewal and explanation of the situation.
- If the passport has already expired and it’s been more than one year, then an explanation for the delay and approval letter from the Consulate General of India and Dubai, necessarily including a written note from BLS has to be submitted. (BLS International Passport service is a trusted partner for Indian and UAE consulate which manages passport/visa process)
Procedure for Passport Renewal
You will have to submit the application by physically being present at the office. BLS International Passport service is accountable for processing of passport service for Indian Embassy in UAE.
Step 1: Fill the Indian Passport Renewal Form by downloading the form from http://blsindiavisa-uae.com using black ink. The applicant’s signature on the form should not exceed the given column.
Step 2: You will have to submit the following documents:
- Original passport along with a copy of address page, endorsement pages, first page, last page, and other additional booklets if required
- Form EAP-1 and the personal particulars form in triplicate with a recent photo on each copy
- Identity proof with expiry details on it. (Identity proof can be health card, driver’s license, labor card, UAE identity card etc)
Step 3: Six copies of the recent color photograph with 35mm x 45 mm dimensions with a white background have to be submitted. (3 photos for EAP-1 and 3 photos for Personal Particulars Form)
Step 4: The signature of the applicant should be the same as that of the present passport. The applicant will sign in the presence of submission officer. If the applicant is willing to change the signature, then a request letter has to be submitted to the Consulate General of India
Step 5: As soon as the necessary documents are received from applicants, BLS officials will provide a tracking number and a web address.
Step 6: Using the tracking number applicants can know the status of their passport. Applicants can receive updates on their phone as well by paying AED 5 as additional charges.
Step 7: Once the consulate verifies the documents, they will be returned to the applicant through courier.
Points to be noted
- Passports will be issued on 2nd or 5th working day irrespective of the date of application submission
- Police verification is not required for the re-issuance/renewal of the passport. It is required only under certain conditions like changes in name, lost passport, complete name change, corrections on first and last page of the passport and other changes based on the passport office system records.
- Initials of parents, spouse is not mandatory in the passport. However, applicants who are willing to change the initials can submit the necessary documents get the initial changed.
- In order to change appearance in the photo, the Consular officer has to provide Sworn Affidavit (This happens mostly with sikhs(turban/non-turban)).
Fees for Renewing Passport
- Adults: AED 285 for 36 Pages
- Adults: AED 380 for 60 pages
- Minors(up to 18 years of age): AED 190
- New Borns(if applicable):AED 285 for 36 Pages
- Adults: AED 855 for 36 Pages
- Adults: AED 950 for 60 Pages
- The minimum processing time for other passport authorities including Dubai issued passport is 5 days for normal application
- The minimum processing time is 2 working days. Working days are from Sundays to Thursdays which are decided based on working days of (CGI, Dubai) Consulate General of India .
- Time of processing for the validity of passport is decided by CGI. It can accept or reject application as well.
The BLS international office and the consular general of India both provide required services for passport renewal.
BLS International connects more than 30 client governments to provide services in various sectors like Passport, Visa, E-visa verification, and attestation, etc
Consulate General of India consular jurisdiction provides its services for Visa, Passport, PIO, OCI, Consular outreach activities, Miscellaneous services and Surrender Certificates.
BLS International Office
BLS office working days are from Saturday to Thursday and timings are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Dubai: BLS international Office at this center operates from 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 01:00 PM to 08:00 PM with the last token issued at 6:30 PM. It is situated in 2 places in Dubai one in Bur Dubai and another one in Deira.
Abu Dhabi: BLS international Office at this center operates from 08:00 AM to 01:30 PM and 02:30 PM to 08:00 PM with the last token being issued at 6:30 PM.It is located at Airport road, Abu Dhabi.
Also view: How to renew the UAE visa?
Consulate General of India
CGI works on all days except on public holidays and it operates from 9 am to 12 pm.It is located in Al Hamriya,Dubai.