UAE Visa is a mandatory document for every citizen residing in the UAE region. The validity of the UAE Visa varies with each applicant. If you are planning to continue your stay in the UAE then you must renew UAE Visa on time.
UAE Visa renewal
Previously an expat in UAE had to go out of the country to get their residence/work visa renewed. With the current developments made the UAE government, expats need not leave the country. They can renew it online at various portals available or can renew it offline at typing centers.
Generally, a residence visa is provided for self-employed citizens or the ones who are going to join their spouse or parents who are resident in the UAE. In the case of a work visa, the employer will look after the visa renewal process including the paperwork.
The process of UAE Visa renewal
UAE Visa renewal online
- Visit https://amer.gdrfad.gov.ae/auth/signin website
- Login with your credentials or register(in the case of first time user)
- Fill the e-form by giving valid details
- Submit the form by providing the documents required
- Once the application and documents attached are verified, your residence visa will be approved. This will be informed to you via text message given on the application.
You can also download GDRFA Dubai app and renew your Visa.
Documents required for UAE Residence Visa renewal:
- Residence Visa renewal application form with valid details and signatures
- 2 photographs of the applicant
- Applicant’s entry permit(original)
- Valid passport(original and copy)
- Sponsor’s passport copy
- Tenancy contract
- Utility bills.
- Medical certificate(if the applicant is above 18yrs)
- Insurance card(mandatory for Dubai and Abu Dhabi residents)
- For private sector individuals- Copies of Firm card, Labor card, Trade license.
Fees on UAE visa renewal:
There are some fees and charges levied on getting your UAE Visa renewed. AED 200 is charged in order to get your UAE residence visa renewed. The typing centers may charge some additional amount for the service.
As the process of UAE visa renewal can take up to 2 weeks, it is recommended to start your renewal process at least a month before of expiration. There are fines on renewing the visa after expiration.
There is a grace period of 30 days is provided after the expiration of the visa. So the fines start after the grace period
- AED 25 is charged per day for the first 180 days i.e 6 months
- AED 50 is charged per day for the next 180 days
- After a year AED 100 is charged per day
How to check UAE Visa status?
Applicants can visit https://echannels.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/applicationTracking and can check UAE visa online. All you need to give is the request number present on your application.