Every person who buys a new vehicle makes sure they get it insured. Getting your vehicles insured is mandatory and much useful to recover the damages occurred during accidents. This is known as comprehensive insurance. The damages recovered depends on the cover opted. So a general car insurance in UAE covers your car damages by not letting you suffer the financial loss.
A comprehensive insurance covers the vehicle that is insured, but what if there is no damage to your insured vehicle and you create severe damage to other vehicles or person? During such circumstances, you have to bear all the damages occurred to another vehicle/persons, personally.
In 2017, more than 3000 people were injured in road accidents in UAE. This didn’t affect only the injured people but the people who are responsible for the mishap are affected financially. Taking this unnecessary loss into consideration, insurance companies have started providing an insurance coverage to compensate third-party damages.
What is Third Party Car Insurance?
If you hit any vehicle or a person with your car then the loss occurred can be covered by the Third Party Insurance. This insurance cover has been made mandatory by the Government of UAE. The premium paid on the third party insurance cover is less compared to the comprehensive insurance.
Here are a few companies where you can get the best Third Party Car Insurance covers
1. Dubai National Insurance & Reinsurance PSC (AMAN Insurance)
AMAN Motor Insurance is known to provide the best covers for the vehicle. The third-party cover is included with the comprehensive cover which reduces the extra charges.
It provides various benefits like
- Personal Accident Benefits up to AED 200,000
- Easy renewal process
- Covers the loss/damage that occurred to the third party
- Provides coverage for third-party up to AED 2 Million
2. Oman Insurance Third Party Liability Insurance
Oman Insurance company provides two types of covers. One is you can opt for a separate third-party insurance cover and the other is to get a common cover which includes comprehensive insurance and third party insurance.
- The third party damages are covered up to AED 3,50,000
- Emergency medical expenses are provided per person
- 24/7 roadside assistance UAE
- Upto AED 6,770 is provided for Ambulance coverage
3. Axa Gulf Third Party Insurance
Axa Gulf provides a cover for the third party damages or loss.
- It provides 24/7 roadside assistance including the recovery
- Registration for RTA and inspection is done on behalf of the policyholder
- If the vehicle is in service you can avail free pickup and drop service
- Covers the third party loss up to AED 3.5 Million
4. Mashreq Motor Insurance
Mashreq bank provides a common cover for comprehensive insurance and third party insurance. They offer insurance at Axa Gulf or Oman Insurance or Qatar Insurance Company.
- 24/7 road assistance is provided
- Can get free pickup and drop while registration
- Get discount for safe drivers
- 0% Easy Payment Plan is provided
- Can hire car for free
Other than these there are several other insurance companies that provide third-party liability cover for great benefits. Most of them neglect Third-Party Insurance but it can be very useful during unpleasant times. Accidents can even lead to death and during such mishaps, third party car insurance covers the compensation costs.
About the author
Nikitha is a Senior Analyst at MyMoneySouq.com. She has been writing about personal finance, credit cards, mortgage, and other personal finance products in the UAE. Her work on Mortgage loans has been featured by the GulfNews and other popular Financial Blogs in the UAE.