Everyone wants a peaceful environment and to live a happy life. In life, there are some situations that may arise at any time and create fear, anxiety, and confusion. To be balanced and manage such emergency situations you have to be prepared for it. And one way to be prepared for such situations will be having emergency contact numbers. Having emergency numbers with you is one of the most important and the best things you can do to overcome the problems. Here in this article, we share some useful inputs on emergency contacts and the contact numbers that you must save on your mobile and note down which will be very helpful during emergency situations.
List of Emergency numbers in UAE
If you are in an emergency situation, you can call the following numbers from anywhere in the UAE.
- 911 for Police
- 998 for Ambulance
- 997 for Fire Department (Civil Defence)
- 996 for Coastguard
- 991 for electricity failure
- 922 for water failure
When you dial on the emergency number, ‘Advanced mobile location’ technology gets activated and it helps to connect you promptly. It accurately points out the location from where the call was made. This service was introduced in UAE in the year 2017. Presently, the Advanced Mobile Location service is connected to police services.
In any medical emergency situation call for an ambulance at 998 from any place in the UAE. If required an air ambulance will be sent to the patient.
Any medical emergency situations can be handled in the UAE. In times of medical emergencies, the hospital will accept the patient for initial treatment. Depending upon the medical requirement the patient can be transferred to the other hospital which is better equipped with facilities.
The Government of the UAE provides medical care, in times of emergencies the people of the UAE, and the visitors can avail medical treatment from private hospitals or government hospitals as per their requirement. During emergency medical assistance, the treatment given in order to stabilize the patient’s condition is free and if any further treatment is required then it can be paid through cash or card or can be covered by insurance as well.
For more on medical facilities, you can visit the official website of
- Ministry of Health and Prevention
- Abu Dhabi Government-TAMM
- Dubai Health Authority
- Umm Al Quwain Government
- Fujairah Government
Click here for Top medical insurance providers in UAE
Istijaba Emergency call centre
The Department of Health- Abu Dhabi has set up Istijaba, the patients can call at 8001717.
Istijaba call centre is set up for any emergency request from in-patients at health care facilities across Abu Dhabi. Emergency services such as critical care specialists, blood requirements, or any medical support are provided by the Dept of health. Istijaba functions as a direct channel with the Medical Operations Command Centre of the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi. It responds to patients requests on time.
For any road accidents, call the police at 999 from any place in the UAE.
You have to inform the police about the accident, name of the location and follow the guidelines instructed by them. Always remember in the UAE, no traffic incident goes unreported. Remember the below guidelines-
- If no one is injured and the accident is minor, you can move your car to the shoulder lane to avoid traffic jam. Wait for the police to arrive by maintaining a distance of 15mts away from your car.
- If you are injured or anyone is injured in the accident, it is advised to leave vehicles in the same place and wait for the ambulance.
- In the event of an accident, if there is any collision, communication to the nearest emergency centre through the eCall system will be sent. The emergency centre will send a medical team to the accident location as soon as possible.
Click here for Abu Dhabi traffic fines
In case of any fire accidents, call on 997 for civil defence from any place in the UAE. Remember the below guidelines-
- Do not use elevators in case of fire
- Look for fire exit signs and evacuate the premises immediately
- Use the staircase in case of fire and do not rush
- Do not keep collecting your belongings as you may increase the risk of fire
- If possible, try to put off the fire with the help of extinguisher but do not risk your life
- Do not enter the building until it is declared safe by the police.
Power and Water Supply failure
You can call the power and water distribution company on the below numbers
- In Abu Dhabi, Call Abu Dhabi Distribution Company on 8002332
- In Al Ain, call Al Ain Distribution Company on 8009008
- In Dubai, call Dubai Electricity and Water Authority on 991
If you are in other emirates you can call Federal Electricity and Water Authority on 991 for electricity and 992 for water supply issues.
For any incidents which are related to harassment or safety, you can contact the below
- Abu Dhabi Police with their Aman Service on 8002626, you can also SMS to 8002828
- Dubai Police with their Al Ameen Service on 8004888 within UAE, if you are outside UAE you can call on +9718004888
- Sharjah Police with their Najeed Service on 800151, you can also send SMS to 7999
Cybercrimes can be reported through the e-crime website, Dubai police website, and also through my safe society app.
To report Human trafficking contact
- National Committee on Human Trafficking on +9712-2222000
- EWAA hotline on 800SAVE
- Dubai Police-Control Center on +9714-6082347
- Hotline for labor complaints: 8005005
- Hotline for human trafficking issues: 8007283
You can also Fax: +971 4 217 1644 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic violence can be reported through the below sources https://www.mocd.gov.ae/en/contact-us/family-violence-complaints.aspx
- Violence and abuse of women and children, you can contact the ministry of interior on 116111
- Community Development Authority on 800988
- EWAA Shelter for women and children on 8007283
- Dubai Foundation for Women and Children on 800111
- Child protection centre in Sharjah on 800700
- Women’s protection centre in Sharjah on 800 800 700
- Aman Centre for Women and Children through RAK Police on 07-2356666
To report animal abuse you can report
- The Ministry of Climate Change and Environment on 8003050
- Dubai Municipality on hotline 800900
- Emirates Animal Welfare Society on 9712-5010054.
For the Local municipalities across the UAE click here https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/infrastructure/infrastructure-and-vision-2021/entitiesinchargeofdevelopingtheuaesinfrastructure
Human rights issues
For Human rights issues, you can contact community development authority at 8002121 or sent an email at email@example.com.
For Abu Dhabi, call Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority on 996. If you are from other places you have to call the police at 999
Injury or death at workplace
Within 24 hours of the injury or death at the workplace, the employer must inform Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation by calling at 80060
The employer can also send email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the case of any help required by the tourists,
- In Abu Dhabi, call Abu Dhabi Tourism Police on: +97128002626 and +97125127777
- In Dubai, call Dubai Tourism Security on: 8004438