E-dirham can be used for payment across the UAE for different kinds of services. eDirham is available in three card formats such as Hala, Gold and Signature. CBD eDirham cards are applied through the CBD.ae and soon it will be available in all the exchange house branches. After you apply for your card it will take 7-10 working days and you will receive it on your registered address given in the application. Generally, for all cards, you need Emirates ID and additionally, for Gold, you should submit a passport or visa copy and for a signature card, you have to provide a trade license.
Contactless technology is used in all G3 cards. The payments up to AED 300 can be made using the tapping option on the card. Cards can be activated and PIN can be set with the SMS facility, you can refer to the activation guidelines to start using the card.
All eDirham G3 cards are enabled with contactless technology, where the payments up to AED 300 can be made by tapping the card. Card activation and PIN set/reset can be done through SMS. Refer to the activation/PIN set sticker on the card for the format.
How to apply for eDirham?
E Dirham can be applied using your bank account and credit card.
- You have to visit the official website https://www.cbd.ae/personal/cbd-edirham and click on apply now an option on the page.
- You will then be directed to the eDirham application form.
- You can select the card from the type of card. You will get drop down with three cards that is signature card, gold card, hala card.
- Fill the details in customer information, the details such as company name, title, name on the card, mobile number and address.
- Once you complete the basic information you will be directed to the id information page. You can select the emirates id or passport. Enter the passport number or the emirates id and trade license number details as requested on the application form.
- If you are an existing CBD account holder you have to provide a CBD account number and also enter other information as requested.
- Once you have completed the details you will be directed to enter address details for shipment. Provide your complete address including your emirates and city.
- After you fill in all the details you have to select to pay the issuance fee through the account.
- Accept the terms and conditions then submit your application for payment.
- You will be directed to the payment gateway. Just select the payment method from the drop-down.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click the submit button.
- To complete the transaction login to the selected bank account.
- Once you complete the transaction your application will be submitted and you will get the application reference number.
You can top-up the eDirham card using your bank account, credit card, CBDiBusiness. You can also apply for a supplementary eDirham card.
Click here for CBD cash online
What Documents are required for applying?
Below are the documents required for each card.
- Hala – Emirates ID
- Gold – Emirates ID/Passport
- Signature – Emirates ID/Passport and Trade License of company
How to recharge your edirham card?
Just click on the recharge now option available on the https://www.cbd.ae/personal/cbd-edirham to recharge your e-dirham card. Enter the ten digits card token, the amount you want to recharge, select the mode of payment, validate, verify and proceed for payment.
Click here to know what is CBD ibusiness?
How to use an edirham card?
E dirham cards can be used for making payments at government entities. These payments can be made through the online channels and also at the physical locations. When you are using an edirham card at a physical location, the PIN number should be entered to complete the transaction. When you are using online transactions enter the passcode which is mandatory for completing the transaction. The card number is 10 digits which are printed on the card below the cardholder name.
For online transactions you should download the eDirham app on your smartphone, from there you will be able to 6 digit token for online authentication. You can make the payments using the cards and it can be topped up using many multiple channels. The available channels are CBD.ae, Exchange outlets, fund transfer by UAEFTS. CBD bank customers can do top-up with the corporate online banking method.
As a two factor authentication to complete the online transaction a dynamic passcode is required, this is apart from the 3 digit CVN number present on the card. Downloading the e-Dirham app is simple and easy. Registering the dirham card can make you receive a passcode.
For Card Activation and PIN set, send the below message to 4266.
EACT(space)Last 4 digits of the card(space)10-digit Card ID(space)4digit PIN.
Once your card is activated you will be prompted for setting PIN. You will get access code on mobile number. You can activate it and start using the card.
eDirham cards can be blocked/unblocked by sending SMS to 4266 in the below format :
For blocking the card, EBLK(space)10-Digit CARD ID(space)last 4 digits of card(space)PIN
For Unblocking the card, UBLK(space)10-Digit CARD ID(space)last 4 digits of card(space)PIN
Alternatively, customers can call the contact centre number mentioned on the card and successfully authenticate. Once the card is blocked, the card cannot be used further for any face-to-face or online transactions
You can check the card balance using SMS function by sending the below instruction to 4266 EBAL(space)Last 4 digits of the card(Space)10-digit Card ID(Space)4digit PIN Card balance can be checked by logging into eDirham Instant App
For raising any dispute/Chargeback on the eDirham cards, call the contact centre and report the incident. Contact centre agents would authenticate and register the complaint and provide a reference number for future tracking and closure.