Healthcare Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD) is nothing but the healthcare sector of the emirate of Abu Dhabi with its main aim to monitor the healthcare status of the population of the area by taking good steps to improve and safeguard the same.
Any healthcare professional who wants to start their professional practice should have a license prior to the practice. This license they obtain should be current and valid during the entire practice of the healthcare professional.
Check : Medical coverage for everyone in Abu Dhabi(Thiqa)
How to get HAAD license?
Part 1: Dataflow verification
- Getting a HAAD license involves verification of the details by Data Flow
- All the required documents are to be submitted to Data Flow company through online
- Then you will receive the details of the fee you have to pay for the application along with the application number
- Once you are done with the verification process, you will receive a mail containing your new username and password via HAAD website
- The fees involved in the verification process is AED 950.
- The total verification through data flow can be done in only one attempt
- The applicant after receiving username and password will enter the details in the licensing system and submit the application
- The endorsement of the application will be done if the applicant has the documents like DHA license, good standing certificate, and valid dataflow certificate.
Part 2: Selecting the exam date
- Once you are done with the Data Flow process, you can get fixed with the date of the HAAD exam using HAAD website
- You can go with HAAD examination for a maximum of 3 times.
- You can get the result of the exam within 3 days from the website.
- If you pass the exam, the license will be handed over to the sponsor if you already have one.
- License is issued only if you have a sponsor readily available with you.
- License fee has to be paid and the license is directly sent to your address.
Note: The license will be issued directly if the applicant is exempted from the HAAD examination.
Go through : What can we all do about the rising healthcare costs
Documentation required to get HAAD license
You need to have the following documents with you to get the HAAD license
- Latest passport-sized photograph of the applicant
- Valid passport copy
- Educational and experience certificates
- Declaration form
- Conduct certificate issued by Medical Regulatory Authority
How to transfer your DHA license to HAAD license?
You can transfer your DHA license to HAAD license provided you are in a job with DHA license for a period of at least 6 months.
Most people consider transferring DHA license to HAAD license as HAAD is the difficult exam to clear when compared to DHA
Process of transfer
In order to transfer your DHA license to HAAD, you need to have a Good standing certificate from DHA account as a prerequisite.
Good standing certificate can be obtained within 15 days of application if you pay a fee of AED 520.
The good standing certificate generally has a validity of 6 months.
Here are the steps included to transfer your DHA license to HAAD license
- As a first step, you should create an account in the Dataflow HAAD section
- Fill in the form with your details and submit the required documents
- Data Flow report is mandatory to proceed with the process. You can get it at DHA account under “PSV” (Primary Source Verification) section
- You can be a self applicant as well as an applicant with a sponsor but having a sponsor is helpful in this part of the process
- You will next receive a payment notification from HAAD DataFlow with an email ID email@example.com
- You can now send the PSV report that you already have via mail to them.
- As a final step, you will receive an Email from HAAD including your login credentials and a direct link to HAAD website
- With the login credentials that you have now, login to the official website of HAAD, fill up the form with details and upload the necessary documents.
Go through : Group Health insurance options in Dubai
Renewal of HAAD License
Every healthcare professional should remember renewing their HAAD license once in 3 months. Below mentioned is the process to renew the license.
- In order to renew the HAAD license, you need to get registered with the Department of Health if you are a new user
- If you are already existing user, you need to log in with your necessary details
- Submit the necessary documents after logging in using your credentials.
- Pay the charges at Health Professional Licensing section
- Get your license through Empost
Documents required to renew HAAD license
- Passport size photograph
- Valid passport
- Dataflow report
- Malpractice insurance
- United Arab Emirates Identification card
- Family book
Re-issuance of HAAD license
You can proceed with the issuance of your HAAD license in the following cases
- When you have changes in your personal information like your name or nationality
- When you lost your original valid license
Process to get your license reissued
- Log in with your username and password into the e licensing system
- Once you log in, select “e licensing” tab followed by Health professional licensing
- Enter the license number
- Select the “license re-issuance” icon
- Submit the form
Fees needed to reissue is Dh 100.
Cancelation of license
You can cancel your HAAD license if you are not anymore interested to work for the health care services in Abu Dhabi
Application of cancellation
- You need to login to the e-licensing website using your username and password
- After logging in, you need to select “Health Care Professional licensing”
- Enter your license number, tap on the cancellation icon and click on submit
Fees needed to cancel the application
You need to pay a fee of Dh 100 to cancel the HAAD license.
HAAD license is the most important factor in Abu Dhabi as it allows you to get authorized healthcare professional practice. You can get, renew, issue and cancel your license as stated in the article above.