Emirates Airlines, one of the largest Airlines of the UAE needs no introduction. It is one of the most preferred airlines in the world. Along with providing many other services on their flight tickets, Emirates is offering Travel Insurance on the air tickets purchased with them. It became the first airline in the world to offer Multi-risk travel insurance on the flight ticket itself. This was initiated in December 2020 with an idea to provide extra safety for the travellers travelling with them.
The Emirates multi-risk travel insurance is added to your flight ticket whenever you book it online on the Emirates website or offline or through travel agents, etc. Despite the medium you use to purchase an Emirates air ticket you will be getting the multi-risk travel insurance automatically. All you need to make sure is the air ticket number starts with 176. If the first digits of your Emirates flight ticket number are 176, then it means you get multi-risk travel insurance.
Benefits provided on Emirates Travel Insurance
The benefits that are offered on the travel insurance by Emirates are,
- Get medical expenses abroad and emergency up to $500,000.
- Get up to $7500 refund on cancelling the trip due to Covid-19 or any other reason as per the policy
- Get up to $7,500 on trip cancellation. This applies to students and teachers whose school year is postponed.
- If you cancel the trip as your relative contracted Covid-19 abroad the get upto $7500 refund
- Get up to $7,500 if you have to cancel your trip for failing a COVID‑19 test at the airport.
- On reaching the destination if the ticket holder is tested Covid-19 positive and had to quarantine, then get $150 per day.
How to claim Emirates Travel Insurance?
The claiming procedure for Emirates Travel Insurance coverage is simple. The traveller needs to call Emirates customer support and request the claim. The point to be noted is the coverage validity will end in 48 hours for a one-way trip while for the round trip it depends upon the return trip (maximum 365 days). For the one-way trip, the coverage for medical expenses and quarantine will be available for 31 days after reaching the destination.
Points to be noted about Emirates Travel Insurance
- There is no age restriction on the Emirates travel insurance cover. Every Emirates traveller is eligible
- You can’t add any additional benefits to the policy.
- You’ll not be covered for any pre-existing medical condition
- Flight tickets purchased with Skywards miles or other offers are also eligible for multi-risk travel insurance coverage
- Apart from the complimentary multi-risk travel insurance, Emirates travellers are eligible to buy additional travel insurance as well as per their convenience.