Emirates ID is important and mandatory id proof for UAE residents. Every individual moving to the UAE must get the Emirates ID.
How to check the Emirates ID status?
Once you have applied for a new Emirates ID or got your existing card renewed or replaced here are the steps to be followed to get the Emirates ID status.
The EIDA(Emirates Identity Authority) keeps the card applicant updated from time to time via text messages that are sent to the mobile number given on the application form.
- Step 1: Visit the ICA website
- Step 2: Enter the Emirates ID or Application number under the “Quick Search” tab.
Here the applicants can track each and every detail of the card process. In order to maintain transparency, the EIDA provides the real-time status of the application like “Card is printed”, “Card is dispatched” etc.,
Points to be noted while checking the Emirates ID status
- There are no charges for Emirates ID tracking
- The Emirates ID would be delivered in maximum 5 working days from the date of application
- For any other inquiries regarding the application, applicants can call EIDA on 600522222.
- Apart from the Emirates ID card status, the applicants can check the history of the application which includes the date of the application submitted, verified, printed, etc., as well.
History of the application log:
The application history log consists of
- Application created: Once the Emirates ID application form is filled the status would be updated as such.
- Application sent for printing: The application will be sent for printing
- Verification: The application will be verified by checking the documents submitted
- Card printed: This will be updated once the card is printed
- Card dispatched: Once the Emirates ID is printed it will be sent to the post office of your locality.
Eligibility to apply for Emirates ID
Every UAE resident is eligible for the Emirates ID and note that having an Emirates ID for UAE residents is mandatory.
How to apply for an Emirates ID?
Emirates ID can be applied by visiting the Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship(ICA) website or through a mobile app or visiting the typing centers
Through the ICA website: There are few steps to be followed to apply for the Emirates ID online
- Visit the ICA website
- Fill the form for new registration- The form would have basic fields like name, age, profession, etc., of the applicant.
- Submit the application by paying the service fees
Once the form is submitted the applicant would receive a text message which has the serial number of the application. The applicant must visit the service center mentioned in the message in order to give the biometrics and undergo some medical tests.
The applicant will be kept updated with the status of the Emirates ID via text message.
Documents required to apply for an Emirates ID
The documents required to apply for an Emirates ID are
For UAE nationals
- UAE Family book
- Certificate of social security
- Original passport
- Medical certificate(for elderly or special needs people)
- Birth certificate(For kids below 15 years)
- Residence Visa
- Birth certificate(for kids below 15 years)
The validity of an Emirates ID
- For UAE nationals, the validity of an Emirates ID depends on the preference of the cardholder. There are two timeframes provided, one is 5 years and the other being 10 years.
- For Expats, the Emirates ID validity depends upon the residence visa validity.
Service fees for an Emirates ID
The service fees charged varies on an Emirates ID depends on the validity of the Emirates ID and the category opted i.e., a new card, renewal of the existing card or replacing the card.
- For a new card or renewal of existing card for UAE nationals or GCC nationals, AED 100 is charged(validity 5 years)
- For a new card or renewal of existing card for UAE nationals or GCC nationals, AED 200 is charged(validity 10 years)
- For expats, AED 100(per year) is charged for a new card or renewal of the old card.
Additional fees are charged depending on the way the application is submitted. If the application is submitted through any printing office AED 70 is charged or if the application is submitted via ICA website AED 40 is charged. This is applicable for UAE nationals, GCC nationals, and expats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where are the typing offices available?
A. There are 250+ typing offices available in each of the 7 Emirates. You can check the nearby location here https://www.ica.gov.ae/en/emirates-id-centers/typing-centers.aspx.
Q. Can I get my Emirates ID instantly?
A. Usually, Emirates ID will be delivered in 5 working days. For an express service where the card will be delivered in 2 working days, AED 150 is charged which needs to be paid along with the other fees.
Q. How can I collect my card from the post office?
A. The applicant needs to submit the receipt received at the EIDA center when the form the submitted in order to collect the Emirates ID from the post office.
Q. For how long does my Emirates ID will be at the post office?
A. The Emirates ID would be for 90 days at the post office. Beyond that, it will be sent back to the EIDA center where the card will be destroyed. In such cases, the applicant needs to apply for card replacement.
Q. What are the charges on card replacement?
A. AED 300 is charged as card replacement fees if the card is lost or damaged.