residency visa in UAE

Residency Visa Sponsorship in UAE

Previously only expats of certain professions were eligible to sponsor their family to live in UAE but now as per a new rule by the UAE government, expats of certain income can sponsor their families for a residency visa in UAE. Expat workers can sponsor their spouse, children, parents, maids, drivers, etc. to live with them in the UAE.

Once employees get their legal work permit in the UAE, can apply for an entry permit for their families as well and obtain a residency visa as well. There are some requirements to be met in order to sponsor a family or domestic workers for a residency visa in UAE.   

Check: How to renew your UAE Visa

Eligibility for an entry permit

  • A minimum salary of AED 4000(with accommodation) is required to sponsor your wife.
  • If the accommodation is borne by your employer, a minimum salary of AED 3000 is required to sponsor your wife.
  • To sponsor parents or parents in law, the employee requires a minimum salary of AED 20000(if accommodation then AED 19000)
  • For women sponsoring her husband must have a minimum salary of AED 3000(with accommodation) and AED 4000(without accommodation) of profession teacher, doctor, engineer or any position in the medical sector. If not in these professions, then a minimum salary of AED 10,000(without accommodation) and AED 8000(with accommodation) is required.
  • To sponsor a domestic worker like a maid, driver, etc. the sponsor must have a minimum salary of AED 6000 is required.
  • You can sponsor your daughter if she’s unmarried and can sponsor your son only if he’s below 18 years.

Documents required for an entry permit

  • Entry permit application form
  • Valid passports of the ones that will be sponsored
  • Marriage certificate(if sponsoring spouse)
  • Birth Certificate(if sponsoring children)
  • 3-6 months bank statements of the sponsor
  • Rental contract of the sponsor in UAE
  • Latest utility bills(water and electricity)
  • Salary certificate of the sponsor
  • The employment contract of the sponsor

If you meet the eligibility criteria and are ready with the required documents and you can get the entry permit for your family or workers by visiting the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) office. Once the entry permit is provided, the sponsor can send a copy of the permit to the ones that are going to be sponsored and deposit the original one at the immigration office at the airport they will be arriving at. The expat who got sponsored must get a residency visa within 60 days of their arrival in the UAE.

Meet the author
Website | + posts

MyMoneySouq helps the visitors to find the right financial product by comparing different products provided by various banks in UAE. It compares different loans, insurance, accounts, credit cards. It works with a goal to give the users a clear idea of what to expect out of their funds and what they can get from those.






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *