Most expats come to UAE to attain some financial growth and plan to go back to their home country once it is achieved. To turn their short-term plans into a longer one, the UAE government has launched a Golden Visa, a permanent residence visa system for investors, exceptional professionals in the areas of medicine, science, and engineering where they are offered Golden Visa in the UAE.
Know about: Residency Visa sponsorship in UAE
The permanent UAE residence visa is provided under the “Golden Visa”. Residents who get their gold card are qualified for the permanent UAE residency visa in the UAE. This is a convenience provided to the residents who are helping for the immense growth of the Emirates. In order to make these exceptional talents as a permanent part of the nation, the UAE government has taken this initiative.
Around 6800 expat investors are granted this “Golden Visa” which is the first batch of investors whose investments in the UAE exceeds AED 100 Billion. It is a citizenship by investment.
Previously, investors were provided with a 5-10 years residence visa depending on the investments and other professionals, according to their academic achievements and talents.
Maybe interested: Get details of UAE Visit-visa
This initiative of citizenship by investment will be a mutual benefit for the investors and the country as well. This security will not only make the existing investors invest more but also encourages new investors. Investments in the UAE will make the country grow in various sectors like unemployment, real estate prices, etc.
Eligibility for UAE Golden Visa
The eligibility for the permanent residence visa i.e. the gold card in UAE is
- 1-Investors in public investments of at least AED 10 million.
- Highly talented individuals and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge such as doctors, scientists, inventors, creative individuals in the field of culture and art.
- Investors with a property in the UAE which is not less than AED 5 Million. The property should not be on loan.
- Entrepreneurs with an existing project with a minimum capital of AED 500,000.
- Outstanding students with 95% above in secondary schools and university students with GPA above 3.75
Expats in the UAE who meet any one of the eligibility criteria mentioned above will be eligible for UAE Golden Visa.
How to apply for UAE Golden Visa?
The simple steps Golden Visa application in the UAE are,
- Visit Federal Authority For Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security website
- Click on “Golden Services”
- Choose your Service and proceed further by giving right details